As a result of the significant disruption that is being caused by the COVID-19 pandemic we are very aware that many researchers will have difficulty in meeting the timelines associated with our peer review process during normal times. Please do let us know if you need additional time. Our systems will continue to remind you of the original timelines but we intend to be highly flexible at this time.
BMC Oral Health is Recruiting new Associate Editors
Announcing the launch of In Review
BMC Oral Health, in partnership with Research Square, is now offering In Review. Authors choosing this free optional service will be able to:
- Share their work with fellow researchers to read, comment on, and cite even before publication
- Showcase their work to funders and others with a citable DOI while it is still under review
- Track their manuscript - including seeing when reviewers are invited, and when reports are received
2018 was an exciting year for BMC Oral Health, in which we published a wide range of interesting articles. Read the Editor's Pick 2018 blog to find a few of the papers worth revisiting from BMC Oral Health.
Featured Article: Are standardized caries risk assessment models effective in assessing actual caries status and future caries increment? A systematic review
Assessing caries risk is an essential element in the planning of preventive and therapeutic strategies. Many different caries risk assessment models have been proposed. This systematic review evaluates the efficacy of these models.
Aims and scope
- Anne Menard, BioMed Central
- Lauren McMillan, BioMed Central
- Mariana Braga, University of São Paulo
- Morenike Folayan, Obafemi Awololo University
- Alpdogan Kantarci, Forsyth Institute
- Francesco Mangano, University of Moscow
- Rodrigo Marino, University of Melbourne
- Anton Sculean, Universität Bern
- Hidenobu Senpuku, National Institute of Infectious Diseases
Dr. Francesco Mangano graduated from the University of Milan in 2003 and has worked intensively in the field of Implant Dentistry, Implant Prosthodontics and Digital Dentistry ever since. He is a Fellow of the International College of Dentists and Founding and Active Member of the international Digital Dentistry Society. He has authored 77 scientific publications in international peer-reviewed Journals and became Section Editor of BMC Oral Health's new Digital Dentistry Section in 2016.
BMC Series Blog
2018 Journal Metrics
2.048 - 2-year Impact Factor
2.393 - 5-year Impact Factor
1.436 - Source Normalized Impact per Paper (SNIP)
0.923 - SCImago Journal Rank (SJR)
Social Media Impact