BMC Oral Health is recruiting new Editorial Board Members. As BMC Oral Health's visibility increases, we must also ensure that the journal is able to cope with these increased submissions whilst maintaining our high editorial standards. Therefore, we are looking to expand our editorial team.
We encourage applications from researchers with a background in one of the disciplines below:
- Clinical oral healthcare research
- Delivery, management and promotion of oral health and dental care
- Dental techniques; tools, materials and surgical research
- Epidemiology of oral health
- Oral microbiology
- Digital Dentistry
BMC Oral Health scope and ethos
BMC Oral Health is an open access, peer-reviewed journal that considers articles on all aspects of the prevention, diagnosis and management of disorders of the mouth, teeth and gums, as well as related molecular genetics, pathophysiology, and epidemiology.
We do not make editorial decisions on the basis of the interest of a study or its likely impact. Studies must be scientifically valid; for research articles this includes a scientifically sound research question, the use of suitable methods and analysis, and following community-agreed standards relevant to the research field.
BMC series - open, inclusive and trusted.
We are interested in individuals who are committed to open access, data sharing, and innovation in scientific publishing.
Suitable candidates should:
- have a minimum of fifteen (15) research papers published in reputable, English language, peer-reviewed journals;
- be frequently listed as corresponding author (first or last author) during the last five years;
- have demonstrable expertise that fits within the scope and the need of the journal.
Suitable Editorial Board Members for BMC Oral Health also must:
- support the journal’s ethos, scope, editorial standards, and policies, and be a committed advocate who will represent BMC Oral Health within the scientific community;
- provide a professional and supportive service to our authors and ensure that the manuscripts for which they are responsible fulfil the requirements of the Journal and are handled efficiently and appropriately through peer-review.
Role and responsibilities
The Editorial Board Member is primarily responsible for assessing manuscripts for their suitability for peer review, selecting suitable reviewers who meet the Journal’s requirements, and recommending decisions on the basis of the peer reviewers’ reports and their own assessment while adhering to the Journal’s editorial policies.
An Editorial Board Member for BMC Oral Health should be engaged and willing to handle a minimum of twelve (12) manuscripts per year across a range of disciplines within their broader field of expertise.
Our Editorial Board Members will receive training, and our in-house editorial team will also provide administrative support. The Editorial Board Members will report to the in-house Editor.
If you are interested in becoming an Editorial Board Member for BMC Oral Health, and you meet the criteria above, please click here to submit your application. We look forward to hearing from you.