As a result of the significant disruption that is being caused by the COVID-19 pandemic we are very aware that many researchers will have difficulty in meeting the timelines associated with our peer review process during normal times. Please do let us know if you need additional time. Our systems will continue to remind you of the original timelines but we intend to be highly flexible at this time.
Call for Papers: Something in the Water - Fluoridation and Caries
Edited by Morenike Folayan and Santiago Gómez
Given the level of interest in public water fluoridation, the range and complexity of the public debate, and its implication for policy making, this Collection aims to bring together empirical research papers, and theoretical and conceptual analyses about water fluoridation and caries. The Collection will consider manuscripts on the following three themes:
- Population level impact of the introduction or the cessation of water fluoridation on health
- Barriers to the implementation of fluoridation and reasons for its cessation, including the assessment and evaluation of the attitudes and knowledge of members of the public, dental professionals and policy makers on water fluoridation
- Ethical arguments for and against water fluoridation
Please read our Call for Papers blog for more information.
To view the articles already published in this Collection, please click here.
BMC Oral Health is Recruiting new Associate Editors
YouTube™ should not be used as a thoroughly reliable and accurate source for patient information about teeth whitening. More informative and reliable content YouTube™ videos about teeth whitening should be uploaded by professionals.
Aims and scope
- Anne Menard, BioMed Central
- Lauren McMillan, BioMed Central
- Mariana Braga, University of São Paulo
- Morenike Folayan, Obafemi Awololo University
- Alpdogan Kantarci, Forsyth Institute
- Francesco Mangano, University of Moscow
- Rodrigo Marino, University of Melbourne
- Anton Sculean, Universität Bern
- Hidenobu Senpuku, National Institute of Infectious Diseases
Dr. Francesco Mangano graduated from the University of Milan in 2003 and has worked intensively in the field of Implant Dentistry, Implant Prosthodontics and Digital Dentistry ever since. He is a Fellow of the International College of Dentists and Founding and Active Member of the international Digital Dentistry Society. He has authored 77 scientific publications in international peer-reviewed Journals and became Section Editor of BMC Oral Health's new Digital Dentistry Section in 2016.
Announcing the launch of In Review
BMC Oral Health, in partnership with Research Square, is now offering In Review. Authors choosing this free optional service will be able to:
- Share their work with fellow researchers to read, comment on, and cite even before publication
- Showcase their work to funders and others with a citable DOI while it is still under review
- Track their manuscript - including seeing when reviewers are invited, and when reports are received
BMC Series Blog
2019 Journal Metrics
1.911 - 2-year Impact Factor
2.292 - 5-year Impact Factor
1.461 - Source Normalized Impact per Paper (SNIP)
0.731 - SCImago Journal Rank (SJR)
Social Media Impact